Well shut my gift giving mouth!
I missed out on Birchbox’s home box released in early 2013 so I was thrilled when the November sneak peek video included a brief mention about the upcoming Home Box that will be available November 7. They mention the box around the 1:15 mark.
Screw the November box! I seriously stopped the sneak peek video and immediately did some digging to try and find out what was in this box!
It wasn’t easy, but this picture from Examiner.com shows what appears to be the contents of this box.
The home box theme is Snow Day and contents are selected to help us make the most of those chilly days (and nights). The box will retail for $39 and contain over $100 worth of products. Hmmm… sounds a lot like POPSUGAR’s pricing, doesn’t it? The Snow Day box will also contain full-size products, but unlike other boxes it looks like this time we have an idea on what will be in each box!
Here are the products that appear to be in the box:
- A Mox Botanicals product. The Birchbox site carries candles, solid body perfume, lip butter and a body soak. It appears there is a candle in the box from another brand, and comparing the size of the package, I’m betting on lip butter or body perfume.
- Jonathan Adler Flame Fireplace Matches
- SCRABBLE Birchbox Edition Mini Game Set. This will be a lot of fun for travel or even for a quick game with a coworker during lunch!
- Askinosie Chocolate® Natural Cocoa Powder. Nothing says snow day like a big mug of hot chocolate. Just need some marshmallows! Oh, lookie here…
- Three Tarts Gourmet Marshmallows. Looks like the white and red package in the lower right is a sample pack of these fluffy treats!
- Socks- can’t tell which brand
- A candle that appears to be from MALIN + GOETZ. If so, I think it is the Dark Rum scent.
There are some smaller products in the picture that I can’t make out. Maybe some hand cream from L’Occitane? Don’t quote me on that- it’s just a guess from the logo. In any case, what do you think of the box? Do you plan to order one? Or two, or three…
I plan to buy at least one box. The entire box would make an amazing gift for practically any woman but the box can also be broken up into smaller gifts. Pair the matches and candle together for your sister. Give the cocoa powder and marshmallows along with a great mug to your kid’s favorite teacher. I appreciate that while the theme is Snow Day, the contents can be used and shared throughout the year.
The boxes go on sale tomorrow, November 7. Stay tuned to Birchbox’s website along with their social media channels to find out when they go live!
This will be the third big holiday box this season, after POPSUGAR’s Neiman Marcus and Holiday Must Have boxes. Considering it will cost only $39, I except Birchbox will have tons of orders and maybe (?) sell out of the box. I am curious to see how the three holiday boxes will stack up against each other. Can not wait to see the comparison blog posts and videos! I got the Neiman Marcus box so I will do my own comparison post in upcoming weeks.
By the way, if you haven’t subscribed to Birchbox yet, you can still get the November box as long as you subscribe by November 15. Click here to get your subscription.
Happy Shopping (and Gift Giving)!